Fun and DONE! QAYG-Quilt as you go. What a great way to make a quilt that is simple, fast, made your way and saves you money. In 5 class meetings you will create a throw size quilt and gain enough knowledge to make a king size quilt next time!
When: 3rd Wednesday of the month April-August (great time to work on that Christmas quilt (hint, hint, hint!))
Time:1:00 PM-3:00 PM
Cost $15.00+$21.95 for book
• Sewing machine in good working order with foot pedal, manual and a new universal needle
• Book “Quilt as You Go Made Modern” by Jera Brandvig-can be purchased at BSNQ
• Cutting mat 12x18. A rotating mat would be beneficial make it at least 14x14.
• 45 or 60mm cutter
• 3x24 or 6x24 ruler
• 9.5 or 12.5 square up ruler (we will use the 9.5 ruler for class)
• Table top ironing station and small iron (this will save you many steps!) or roll and presser (sold at BSNQ)
• Walking foot/free motion foot/BSR (will need at end of 3rd class)
• Rulers…IF you want to practice your FMQ/ruler work.
• Fabric scissors
• Thread. I suggest a neutral or blending thread.
• Fabric…1 jelly roll or ¼ yard of 9 coordinating fabrics
o 1.5 of backing fabric (choose something colorful and busy unless you want your quilting to show.
o 1.25 yards of fabric for the border.
• Batting…precut to 10.5x10.5 (for our project you will need a piece of twin size batting COTTON). Extra is needed for your borders and sashing.